Centre Fears For Law And Order Issue In Implementing SC Verdict

       Published : Mar 31, 2018 18:35 IST    

According to the recent reports, Central Govt has approached the Supreme Court seeking clarification to the word "Scheme" that differs with the word "Board" in its verdict. The Centre fears that it is an emotional issue and Tamil Nadu and Karnataka people would riot concerning the Inter-state water dispute creating law and order problems in both states in view of upcoming Karnataka Assembly Elections. So, it asked for three months extension in implementing the judgement.

Thamilisai Soundararajan, the President of TamilNadu BJP said initially that the Centre did not have any problem in implementing the SC verdict. Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Edappadi K Palaniswamy also hoped that Centre would take action within six-weeks deadline (March 29, 2018). In a recent talk about CMB, CM said that ADMK MPs have been rising the issue forcefully in the Parliament reflecting the views of farmers and people in TamilNadu. 

Without showing any improvement in the six-week deadline to implement SC verdict, the Centre's action of seeking clarification from SC was highly criticised by political parties in Tamil Nadu. The parties slammed that it has betrayed Tamil People and ignored its farmers long standing demand. The actual reason TN parties say about BJP's move in the Cauvery issue is that the Centre ruling BJP did not want to implement SC verdict before Karnataka Elections in view of gaining poll votes in Karnataka.

Centre Fears For Law And Order Issue In Implementing SC Verdict

Author Biography

Karthick Rajkumar, a well-knowledged entertainment columnist, who previously worked as an Engineer. Even though he was new to the firm the articles will show the rest of his interest and enthusiasm in the field of writing. ... View more


KarthickWriter and Sub Editor

Author Office Address
2B, Commercial Site, TNHB,
HUDCO Colony, Peelamedu,
Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu
India - 641004.
Author Mobile Number
Author Office Number
Author Email