TN Finance Minister Jayakumar Presents Budget TodayYasodha Devi (Author) Published Date : Mar 16, 2017 12:49 IST National News
TN Finance Minister Jayakumar Presents Budget Today
Tamil Nadu Finance Minister Jayakumar presented his first budget and it is also the maiden budget of newly formed government under the head of E Palanisamy. The budget allocated as follows
Tamil Nadu budget has been estimated to increase t0 Rs. 99,590 crore for 2017-2018 from Rs. 87, 287 crore in 2016-2017
- Rs. 625 crore for providing drinking water across the state.
- State disaster fund – Rs. 2600 crore relief to farmers through direct benefit transfer
- Rs. 585 crore for Cyclone Wardah for 3 districts.
- Eradicating poverty in rural areas – Rs. 469 crores
- Eradicating poverty in urban areas – Rs. 272 crores
- Rural Transformation Project in 127 areas – Rs. 1000 crores from World Bank
- Allocating Rs. 6,400 crore for Police Department
- Rs. 253 crores for fire and rescue service
- Rs. 984 crore for judicial administration
- Rs. 282 crore for prison
- Rs. 5000 crore allocated to provide toor dhal, masoor dhal and oil
- Rs. 567 crore for Environment and Forestry
- Rs. 860 crore fro fisheries
- Handloom sector has been allocated 1235 crore
- Free dhoti and saree scheme – Rs. 490 crore
- Rs. 532 for MSME sector
- Athikadavu-Avinasi link project – Rs. 250 crore
- 1000 crore for MGNREGA schemes
- 10,150 crore has been allocated for healthcare department including allowance for pregnant women, health insurance scheme and others
- 1400 crore have been allocated for Smart Cities Mission
- Rs. 758 crore for free laptop for school and college students
- Rs. 3680 crore has been allotted for Scheduled Castes welfare and Rs. 265 crore for Scheduled Tribe welfare.
Mr. Jayakumar is speeding up to complete the budget that continued for more than 2 hours. Temple food, Amma canteen, Amma water, Amma medical and all schemes under Amma name will be continued.