Jayalalitha Fulfills 5 Promises on Very First Day
J Jayalalitha takes her Oath as Tamil Nadu Chief Minister for the sixth time today. After the assembly election held on May 16, the ruling party had won it and today Jayalalitha came to power again. She was greeted by Tamil Nadu governor Shri Rosiah with bouquet of flowers.
Oath taking ceremony was held at Madras University in Chennai. Along with her 26 ministers also took oath. One interesting point is after swearing in ceremony Jayalalitha signed to fulfill her 5 promises made before the election. Her first sign is to cancel the loan of farmers.
- Introducing Breakfast at Government schools
- Free 100 units electricity to houses, also free 200 units of power to hand loom weavers
- She ordered to close 500 tasmac retail shops and also reduced working hours from 12 noon to 10 pm.
- She signed for 8 gm gold for the marriage of women
- She cancelled loans of the farmers
She had become Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu in successive terms. After former Chief Minster MG Ramachandran in 1984 she was able to make this history victory. Her party AIADMK won with 134 seats while the opposite party DMK secured 98 seats. DMK has the strong opposition in the assembly.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi wished her and assured centre will work closely with her government for the progress of Tamil Nadu. He shared this message on his twitter handler.