Sania Hingis Pair won the US Open Doubles ChampionshipPurushothaman (Author) Published Date : Sep 14, 2015 12:46 IST
US open tennis in women's double category Sania-Hingis pair wins the championship this year.
On Saturday, US open Grand Slam mixed doubles had already won by Leander Peas and Martina Hingis pair. Paes made the historic event by winning this 9th mixed doubles trophy. On following this Sania Hingis pair again created success in US Open doubles by winning Grand Slam title championship. Sania and Peas made India proud by this events.
Sania is recorded as the first India women to win the US open Grand Slam doubles title.ads
US open Grand Slam Tennis series was conducted in New York. In women’s doubles category India's Sania Mirza and Switzerland's Martina Hingins paired against Australia's Casey Dellacqua and Kazakhstan's Yaroslava Shvedova. In 1 hour 10 minutes the former pair records 6-3, 6-3 set and won the title. Hingis titles this as the 11th career grand Slam doubles. Martina Hingis has won 4 Australian Opens, 3 Wimbledon and two French opens.
For the winners the US Open has given them Rs. 3.77 crores along with the trophy.
On July, Sania has become the first women to win Wimbledon championship and now she achieved US open grand Slam title and honoured India.ads
Victory to India in Tennis this year
- On February this year, Paes and Hingis won the Australian Open mixed doubles title.
- Paes and Hingis paired again in Wimbledon mixed double and won the title. For Paes this was the 4th Wimbledon mixed doubles title.
- Sania and Hingis pair won Wimbledon championship women's double category this year on July. This was the first time Indian woman wins this title.
- In US open mixed doubles Peas and Hingis won the title. This was the pair's 3rd time victory this year. ads
- In US open Women's doubles Sania and Hingis pair won the title. For fifth time Hingis pair with Indian guys created success in this season.
Sania Hingis Pair won the US Open Doubles Championshipads
Sania Hingis Pair won the US Open Doubles Championship