NASA Future Missions on Mars and Space
NASA has planned to develop 13 new space technology projects. One of these projects are creating microorganisms that eats waste metals and turn them to recycling materials. To make the mars dirt to reusable materials is one of their important futuristic projects. NASA's other main project is to develop two dimensional space craft. These are 2 interesting projects of NASA out of their 13 other delighted projects.
The projects are funded from NASA Innovative Advance Concept. It had granted initially dollar one million for nine months of feasibility studies. After the success of the concepts and definitions, through the feasibility studies they movie to Phase2. They will be funded by $5,00,000 for another two years.
NASA 13 new projects are
- Light Weight Multi functional Planetary Probe for Extreme Environment Exploration and Locomotion
- Venus Interior Probe Using In-situ Power and Propulsion
- Project RAMA: Reconstituting Asteroids into Mechanical Automata
- Molecular Composition Analysis of Distant Targets
- Brane Craft
- Stellar Echo Imaging of Exoplanets
- Mars Molniya Orbit Atmospheric Resource Mining
- Urban biomining meets printable electronics: end-to-end destination biological recycling and reprinting
- Automaton Rover for Extreme Environments
- Fusion-Enabled Pluto Orbiter and Lander
- E-Glider: Active Electrostatic Flight for Airless Body Exploration
- Journey to the Center of Icy Moons
- NIMPH: Nano Icy Moons Propellant Harvester
NASA earlier planned to build up oxygen on mars. Using the microbes, research is made to create oxygen for the human to live on mars. Humans may not want to carry big cylinders of oxygen to survive on the red planet mars.
As part of this research, NASA is working along with Indian company Techshot to create oxygen on mars using microbes. The main aim of this project is to create oxygen for the survival of humans using microbes in the Red planet soil.